Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Summit Success!

The short version is that our team made it to the summit of Mt. Everest and back to Base Camp safely.  Most of us are a little beat up but we all still have our fingers, toes and noses.  What an amazing experience!  I reached the summit on Monday, May 22nd at 4:25am just before sunrise.

There are a lot of details contained within the summit rotation, some of which I'll need to think about.  It's a very stressful time which lasts for six days with a major lack of nutrition and hydration.  My goal is to work on a detailed post during the flights home. 

Today is Wednesday, May 24th and I'm leaving Kathmandu tonight satisfied that I achieved my goal of climbing well, reaching the highest point on the planet and returning to civilization safely.  Below is a photo of me at high camp (Camp 4) on the South Col just after arriving there on Sunday, May 21st.  Behind me is the summit with a large plume coming off of it to due windy conditions.


Namaste

3 comments:

  1. Brother, Congratulations!!!!!!
    Glad to hear you made it successfully to "the Summit" and heading back. Enjoy the nutrition and hydration... LOL. Soak ALL of it in. I look forward to hearing all about it. Deb and look forward to sharing a beverage and hearing about the climb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's fantastic. Can't wait to hear more about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, Congratulation! it's wonderful, I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete